Supported File Formats
with Encoding and Compression Guidelines
Input File Formats
MediaCore offers unmatched input compatibility with over 99.9% of codecs and formats supported.
Audio Formats (most recommended)
- Click here for a list of all supported audio formats
- Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx) (BETA)
- Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt and .pptx)
- PDF Documents
- ePub Documents
- Adobe Photoshop (psd)
Output File Formats
We offer encoding to the most popular output formats for mobile and web publishing. Our output formats work seamlessly across our HTML5 and Flash player technology.
Audio Formats (Output)
- MP4 audio
Video Formats (Output)
- 1080p MP4
- 720p MP4
- 480p MP4
- 320p MP4
Encoding Guidelines and Recommendations
MediaCore accepts most major video and audio codecs available today and will seamlessly convert those files to enable playback on mobile and desktop platforms, but to get the best looking result and minimize the risk of conversion and playback issues, we recommend you follow these guidelines for audio and video files uploaded to MediaCore.
Audio should be packaged as .m4a or .mp3, video should be packaged as .mp4.
Audio Encoding Settings
- Audio-only files should be encoded in MP3 or AAC-LC format.
- Audio streams inside video files should be encoded in AAC-LC format.
- All audio should be 44.1kHz (though if the source material has a different sample rate, use the original) in stereo (2 channels).
Video Encoding Settings
Video streams should be encoded with:
- H.264 + high profile + CABAC
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- 4:2:0 Colour Space
- Progressive scan (no interlacing)
- Square pixels
- Constant frame rate
- Frame rate should match the source material
Recommended video dimensions and bitrates:
854x480 at 2,500-5,000 kbps
1280x720 at 5,000-10,000 kbps
1920x1080 at 10,000-20,000 kbps